
My first experience with blogs was off course with Dr. Wall's class. His explanation of blogs was similar to Will Richardson. Dr. Wall stated that it was a good way to network with other people across the world, a good way to publish your thoughts/opinions and it also promoted communication and writing skills. After the semester was done I thought of many other ways to use blogs such as; online assignments, keeping track of students/parents, and also posting home works and classroom updates for parents to view. But off course there was one down fall not all households were equipped with computer or Internet assess.
While searching information on the Internet about blogging I came across many articles and a wonderful sight that has resources for students, teachers and administrators.
Click on the links below to view a very interesting articles that talk about the advantages of blogging and using it in the classroom.
Support Blogging! This site, which is actually a "wiki," has resources for teachers, students, and administrators to help understand and support educational blogging.
1 comment:
Hi, Devi.
Thanks for the links. I also like using blogs. I've used them as a runnning report of student achievement and program activities. I also used it as a class journal for students to blog about their reading assignments. As more people have access to computers, I am sure blogging will be one classroom tool that is used a lot.
Barbara
Post a Comment