Mike Russell indicates that technology has not yet evolved fully into the educational setting. For our island is true. I believe the reason for this is that teachers are overwhelmed at the thought of incorporating technology into the classroom or they think that they need expensive equipment. He believes in designing for integration of technology as well as the preparation for teachers. I feel that integration and preparation are good things, but if schools do not have the means and ability to keep up with technological advances then the students will suffer and be deprived of technological skills. Student may know how to use and ipod or game system but will they know how to apply the skills that they use in real life situations. Mike Russell envisions a big impact of technology in education, I see this in the other states but it is had to say for our island and other countries handicap by the finances and other government priorities.
I agree with Mike Russell when he mentions Thomas Friedman book, basically Friedmans’s book states that technology is somewhat like a short cut. It helps us speed up the task and minimizes time spent away from more important things. I truly believe that our youth on island are not getting enough exposure to technology. If this keeps up the children of Guam will lack those essential skills needed for the 21st century.
Interesting website for Technological Revolution. http://www.tltgroup.org/resources/V_Cycle_of_Failure.html
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment